Monday, August 27, 2012

Verse 2: A grand/epic ballroom

    I blinked at the strange sight of a flash mob, in tuxes and glittering dresses. Even stranger was the fact they were dancing the Caramelldansen. Do you know how hard that is?!?! It took me hours to get it right and I still looked like an idiot while doing it.
    I shook my head after realizing I had been staring much too long at the flash mob, and started pushing my way through the crowd.
    I'm pretty sure I stepped on way too many skirts and shoes, and I was apologizing non-stop. This all stopped when I saw her face.
    "Laixa!!!" I immediately ran and bear hugged her. "I haven't seen you in ages!!! Is this your new life? You still have your awesome fashionista skills, right? Did you make tons of new friends?" Her puzzled expression told me everything I needed to know. "Oh, this is probably that incident you told me about, I'm guessing. Well then," I stuck my hand out. "My name is Alexandra Sarielle Rue, but you can just call me Lexi. The next time you see me, you have to teach me all about my fire magic, and those awesome fashionista skills I mentioned earlier. Promise?
    "...Okay" Laixa said hesitantly, the look on her face screaming 'get me away from this crazy person'.
    I beamed at her. "Great! Now if you'll excuse me, I only really came here for this." I casually slid a moonstone armband off of someone's arm. "So, ta ta for now, and remember, you promised!" I winked at her and hightailed it out of there.
    Panting hard, I stopped in a dark alcove. I grasped the piece of jewelry with both hands, and created a portal.

After being subjected to torture by rainbow sparkles...

  I plopped down hard, back in the Phiriexiell palace. I looked at my surroundings quizzically; I thought I still had two more jewels left to go...

  Elli sighed in relief, helping me up. "Lexi, you really should have waited till I set up the shields! I'm pretty sure you set off alarms all over the place!!!"
  I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure it's not that bad. Why am I back here, anyway?"
  She held up a tanzanite hairpin and my fire opal bracelet. "I decided to help you out and find some of the jewels too."
  "Did you see the storm jewel anywhere?"
  "Maybe it was never taken in the first place." Elli said, shrugging.
  "That makes sense. Wait, why were one of the jewels in The Lady or the Tiger? I thought that was a Realm?"
   "Oh how do I put this... If a story isn't finished or has a vague ending, it can be a Realm and a Verse at the same time."
   I looked at her, eyes wide. "You know, right now I'm really glad the last Septimus Heap book isn't out yet."
   "Even when it is out, I think you can still go to that Realm. It just might be kind of... hard for you."
   "It's not like I'm going to try to change the story! I just want to try a stupid FizzFroot!!! Is that so bad?!?!"
    "Yes. Yes it is." Elli deadpanned. Her stomach rumbled. "See, it's making me hungry. Do you mind telling me where the kitchens are?" 
     "Well, I do, but a certain someone wouldn't." I cupped my hands around my mouth. "Hey Henry, come over here!!!" 
     "What?" He said grumpily.
     "Can you show Elli to the kitchens? I have something to take care of up here."
      I smirked as a steady blush spread over both of their faces. This was going to be perfect.
      "W-well, um-" Henry stuttered out.
      I cut him off. "Really? Great! Now, shoo, shoo!!!" I shoved them out the door and slammed it. My back slid down until I was seated comfortably on the floor. If everything went well those two would confess to each other before I had to leave.
      To pass the time I examined my jewel, watching the light reflect off it, revealing many different colors. As pretty as it was, I frowned. It seemed... different somehow. I moved it closer to my face. And suddenly I saw it.
       Etched into it ever so faintly, was a feather.

       It turns out that when we brought the jewels back to Hexanalyn, everyone in a coma woke up! I feel so proud of myself, my first big mission done! I'm not leaving yet, though. I mean, we still have to celebrate Elli's birthday! Since you know, the party got crashed and all. Well, the next time you hear from me, I'll be dressed in my best having tons of fun!!! See you then!
        
Lexi
       

1 comment:

  1. If you go to Sep's Realm, please have Lexi address him as RiverFlyte. Because, you know, he's a Realm Traveler, and trust me, he'll be more than happy to get her a FizzFroot! =)

    ReplyDelete