Friday, August 24, 2012

Verse 1: A story yet to bloom...

    You know, portals can be very unreliable at times. Sometimes they lead you into a completely different place, or land you somewhere awkward...
    I really shouldn't be surprised I landed on someone.
    "Oh my gosh, I am so, so sorry. Did I hurt you at all?" I scrambled up and proceeded to check him for injuries.
    A weak grunt came from the man I landed on. "I'm... fine... Just knocked... the breath out... of me."
    "WHO DARES TO INTERRUPT THE TRIAL?!?!?"
     I glanced up to see a semi-barbaric king with an angry expression, glaring at me. "Um, I apologize, your majesty. Uh, what exactly is going on here?"
     A random voice spoke up. "It's the courier's trial to see if he was guilty for loving the princess."
     Looking around, I eventually came to the conclusion that I was in an arena. This seemed suspiciously like that one story I read...
     I furrowed my brow. "But, love can't really be classified as good or evil, right? On one hand, he's guilty because he didn't suppress his feelings, and let them grow. On the other hand, the feelings appeared inside of him, without him really wanting them. In the end, love is just there. It can cause us to do awesome things, or horrible things, but it remains neutral." It seemed I had everyone's attention by now, and murmurs of disbelief echoed throughout the whole arena. "Also, if he truly loved the princess, he would be punished either way, by getting eaten, or by marrying someone he doesn't love. So isn't this whole trial unfair?"
     The king turned his glare towards the courier. "JUST OPEN A STUPID DOOR ALREADY!!!"
     He slowly stood up and reached for the right door latch. But before he could lift it, both doors crashed down simultaneously, revealing a tiger and a... ninja? The ninja dashed towards the king and pinned him down, while the tiger transformed into another ninja and casually strolled up with a pair of handcuffs. 
     "Your majesty, you have been found guilty by the ISAR (Inter-Verse Society of Animal Rights) of animal cruelty, and as such, we reserve the right to dole out the necessary punishments." The first ninja stated, as he was being arrested.
     His eyes widened in recognition. "Wait, aren't you the lady behind one of the doors?"
     She pretended to think for a moment. "Well yeah, but I didn't really want to get hitched, you know?"
     The former tiger looked at her without sympathy. "That sounds way better than being deprived of food for half a year."
     "True."      
      This time it was my eyes that widened in recognition. I could have sworn I had heard that voice before...
       "Who's going to rule now?" Yet another random voice in the arena asked.
        I rolled my eyes. "Isn't it obvious? The princess and the courier will." I sent a meaningful look to both of them. "I mean, you might as well get married, since the king can't stop you."
        The princess practically leaped into the courier's arms, as the priest, choristers, and dancing maidens came out. In the midst of all the commotion, I spotted the two ninjas slinking away with the king. I ran after them, and finally managed to catch up outside.
        "So Cali," I crossed my arms and faced the tiger-turned-ninja. "What in the name of chocolate are you doing here?"
        "First of all, at least say my name correctly. It's Kaliazhe. KAH-LEE-AH-ZEH. Second, I actually have a life outside the palace kitchens, not that it's any of your business."
        "Speaking of that," I turned to the other ninja. "Do you mind giving me that choker around your neck?"
        She blinked."What, this old thing?"
        I nodded vigorously."Yes, yes, absolutely."
        "Sure, take it." The lady unclasped the choker and tossed it to me. I watched it fly through the air, the dangling jade glinting in the sun, before landing in my open palm.
        I gripped it tightly, moving around the back of the arena. After doing a quick scan of the area to make sure no one was there, I released my magic, letting it poke and prod at the jewel. When a soft green glow surrounded the jade, I sighed in relief, then quickly shoved more magic at it, creating a portal.
        As the rainbow sparks swirled around me, I dove in, without hesitation.

        If anyone knows the story Lexi went to I'll give you virtual cookies!
Also, I think the door the princess chose had the lady behind it because I think she would rather see her love live and possibly be happy, than die.
        ...If you didn't get that, you probably haven't read the story I was talking about.
     

3 comments:

  1. Eeeeep! You used the story I told you about! You ROCK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Also, just wondering if anyone remembered Cali from one of my previous posts...

    ReplyDelete